Solana Tech Roundup
This week the Solana StackExchange went live in private beta. If you have any questions or want to help out by answering, please go support the Solana StackExchange! Even though it is in private beta, all you need is to create an account to use it.
Extending Program Data Accounts
The extension of program data accounts allows anyone to allocate more data for a specific program. Going hand-in-hand with the recent
realloc feature where you can have dynamic account sizes, you will be able to dynamically resize programs as well.
No longer will you have to pay double for your programs to give yourself some buffer room. You will be able to pay exactly what you expect to allocate when you deploy a program.
Extending Program sizes! As discussed in the feature highlight, this is a great upcoming feature
Sender stake doesn't matter with transaction prioritization with this change. The only thing that matters is the compute-price on the transaction
You can now get data returned from transactions during
Interested in trying out the Transactions v2 spec? You can now use web3.js to interact with the address lookup tables on Devnet or Testnet.
List of Changes
- More compact vote state update transition
- New voting schema has blown up blocksizes. Let's lower the vote state to a reasonable size
- Use RefCount type alias instead of u64
- Preserve rent_apoch for rent exempt accounts
- This freezes the rent_epoch field for rent exempt accounts
- Track more account data size changes
- Track size in snapshot vs replay
- Add usb pids for ledger nano s plus
- QUIC handshake timeouts
- Timeout when the connection handshake takes too long to avoid DDoS
- Explorer: Update verifiable builds with "Experimental"
- Remove sender stakes from banking_stage buffer prioritization
- We don't need to prioritize by sender stake + transaction's compute-unit price
- QUIC: Use clients certs to get peer's stake
- Allow extending upgradeable program data account length
- ReturnData support in simulateTransaction
- Get data back when simulating a transaction!
- Rent paying accounts are handled differently at load
- getStakeActivation now returns inactive lamports for deactivated stake accounts
- QUIC: Use pubkeys of peer for activate connection table
- Set solana-tpu ALPN protocol ID
- Web3.js: Add Address Lookup Table Bindings
- Early verification of account modification
- Instead of verifying account modifications at the beginning/end of an instruction/CPI
- Prevent "topping up" rent paying accounts below rent exemption minimum